The CL 2000 single-point LED (spLED) is an ultra-compact light source that lets professional photographers/filmmakers create images as they see them. Unlike strobes, the continuous location light provides versatile output, inviting creativity while working under extreme time pressure. Lightweight design allows it to be hand held and removes the hassle of trying to move bulky lights and stands to keep up with the action, plus the integrated Li-Ion battery lasts up to 6 hours to enhance every pivotal moment.
- Integrated Li-ion battery: The CL 2000 can run completely cord free for 50 to 415 minutes and because the battery is integrated into the device (Permissible in both checked and carry-on luggage)
- Multiple Power Options: For longer shoots simply plug the continuous light into any AC or DC power source including Gold-mount/V-mount battery ‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àö‚à´bricks‚Äö√Ñ√∂‚àö√ë‚àöœÄ (with optional DTap cable) or add DC power with the External Battery Kit
- 120° Native Beam Angle: Light output can be easily focused to 50° and 25° and diffused via press-on modifiers, secure umbrella holder is integrated into the mount interface
- High Output COB 'Chip on Board' LED: Eliminates the multi-shadow effect that can be a problem with panel-style light sources while also keeping the continuous light's footprint small
- Rugged Waterproof Construction: Designed to perform in the most challenging environments, the CL 2000 is waterproof to a depth of 100 meters (IP68 Rating) and tested to resist 1 meter impacts on concrete
- Lumen Output: High (2000), Medium (1200), Low (300)
- Charge time: 105 Min
- Beam Angle: 120° (flood), 120° (native), 50° (modified), 25° - 120°° (range)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 68
- Depth Rating (FL-1): 100 meters
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Product Color Temperature: 5600k
- TCI/TLCI: 91/93
- LUX: 6260
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 4.8" x 3.62" x 3.62"
What are soft light options for CL lights?
Light & Motion CL lights are natively a "hard" light which produces a pure light that delivers a single shadow and supports dramatic journalistic and Film Noir lighting styles. The hard light is also perfect when shooting on location in bright sunlight as it mimics the sun and can provide an even fill for "live shots" or portraits. There are many options to create a soft or softer light using Stella lights: The portable Dome Diffusion accessory creates a wide diffuse light - perfect for portraits. The GloBulb can be used to create a soft light for portraits or interviews. To create a large soft source, CL lights can be shot into a medium to large shoot-through umbrellas or into a parabolic umbrella with a sock. To do this you will need to add an Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. All of our lights can be used with an umbrella with the Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. Additionally, CL lights can be paired with a number of 3rd-party light shaping tools: DoP Choice Snap Bags (no speedring required), and Profoto Softboxes/Octas and Elinchrom by adding our Profoto Adapter Ring. Lastly, COB lighting can be used shot through a diffusion panel, bounced off of a wall or modified with available materials - experiment and be creative with Light & Motion lights as so many options are available when starting with a pure hard light.
How do you travel by air with the CL lights?
The Light & Motion continuous lights with integrated lithium-ion batteries can be safely transported in carry on and checked luggage because the batteries are safely installed/integrated in the light (unlike spare lithium-ion batteries). To travel safely just ensure that the master on/off button is in the "off" position. Most airlines have restrictions for "spare" Lithium-ion batteries and these can't travel in checked baggage. The "spare" lithium-ion batteries also have restrictions for travel in carry on with limits to 2 x spare batteries of 100+ watts. The batteries we use in our products are below 90 watts and most importantly are "installed" in the device which permits them to travel in carry on or checked baggage. Airline specifications for Lithium-ion batteries are found in the link below and clearly specify that lithium-ion batteries installed in electronic devices can travel in carry on or checked baggage: Here is an excerpt from the regulation FAQs: "Question 2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage (including gate-checked bags)?" "Answer 2. Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also allowed in checked baggage.The batteries must be protected from damage and short circuit or installed in a device." (The Stella batteries are installed). You can read the full document guidelines here: faa.gov
Battery Life: How many cycles will the integrated batteries provide and how are they replaced?
We use premium Panasonic cells in our lights which are high-capacity, stable batteries. They deliver consistent runtimes with regulated constant output. Our batteries are specified for 500 cycles but in practice our professional customers using the lights daily are experiencing much longer battery life than 500 cycles. Batteries that no longer have capacity can be replaced in our Marina, CA factory for a nominal fee. We can provide battery replacement and a full service of the light for $350 (or nominal fee) if and when needed. In addition to long life, one of the advantages of our integrated battery lights is the ability to travel with these integrated battery lights on carry on or in checked baggage. You can read more about this on our FAQ on "Traveling with your Stella Lights".