For 2021, we created five new Sola FC models. Divers can now use their computer USB-C chargers to charge their Sola lights! Travel with fewer cables and chargers and simplify your life.
Precision engineered to deliver professional results in an ultra-compact, travel-friendly platform. The Sola Video 3800 features a chip-on-board LED array to create high-quality illumination with the widest beam angle possible for stunning imagery. The flat port optic provides a wide 90° diffused beam void of hotspots for consitent imagery.
Our dongle is smart! It will communicate if the light is charging and the speed at which it is charging:
- Dongle with green light - Charging a FC speed - normal
- Dongle with amber light - Light may not be getting sufficient power, check the LEDs on the Sola light to ensure it is charging.
- Dongle with red light - Not charging. Charger cannot supply enough power to charge the light.
* To charge this light a USB-C Charging cable with a sufficient 30W output is needed.
- 3800 lumen flood output certified to the FL-1 Standard
- Regulated output ensures light does not dim in use; custom firmware keeps lumens consistent
- 90° flood beam (measured underwater) designed for wide-angle video
- Custom optics produce a clean beam void of distracting hot spots
- Colored Status LED dashboard for power level mangement
- Factory sealed body ensures flood-free performance and long-term reliability
- Full recharge in 1 hr 45 min with exclusive FC (Fast Charge) technology
- Travel-friendly design with minimal weight or bulk approved for carry-on and check-in luggage
- Optional imaging mounts include ball, Loc-Line, and YS
- Travel-centric charging design: Pair the included dongle with your own USB-C charging cable. USB-C charging cable must have 30W output such as a computer charging cable
- Lumen Output: High (3800), Medium (1900), Low (950)
- Charge time: 105 Min
- Beam Angle: 90° (flood)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 68
- Depth Rating (FL-1): 100 meters
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 4" x 2.1" x 2.1"
USB-C Charger Specifications
User's USB-C Charger must have minimum output of 30W. The USB-C Power Delivery Specification requires USB-C power sources rated at 30 Watts and over have the capability of delivering 15VDC. This capability (15VDC output) is required in order to charge older SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. Some power supplies (most notably older Apple 87W and 60W) do not comply with the USB-C standard and will not work with older generation SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. New models of SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights allow charging at 20VDC and therefore will work with a larger set of these non-compliant power sources. When charging, a green light indicates the connected power supply is compatible with both newer and older SOLA lights. An amber light indicates it will only work with newer SOLA Lights. A red light indicates the connected power supply is not compatible.