For 2021, we created five new Sola FC models paired with our USB-C dongle allowing divers to travel with fewer cables and chargers. Divers can use their computer USB-C chargers they are already traveling with to charge their Sola lights.
The premium Sola Spot/Flood model is the perfect solution for professional level shooters alternating between wide-angle and macro imagery. The advanced optical design will light your subjects evenly without hot spots and allow greater latitude for camera positioning. Dive with confidence knowing you will have the light you need to shoot in any condition.
Our dongle is smart! It will communicate if the light is charging and the speed at which it is charging:
- Dongle with green light - Charging a FC speed - normal
- Dongle with amber light - Light may not be getting sufficient power, check the LEDs on the Sola light to ensure it is charging.
- Dongle with red light - Not charging. Charger cannot supply enough power to charge the light.
* To charge this light a USB-C Charging cable with a sufficient 30W output is needed.
- 2500 lumen flood and 1200 lumen spot output certified to the FL-1 Standard
- Regulated output ensures light does not dim in use; custom firmware keeps lumens consistent
- Easily toggle between 12° spot and 60° flood beams with one-touch switch
- Custom optics produce a clean beam void of distracting hot spots or harsh edges
- Colored Status LED for battery and mode indication for easy power management
- Factory sealed body ensures flood-free performance and long-term reliability
- Full recharge in 1 hr 45 min with exclusive FC (Fast Charge) technology
- Travel-friendly design with minimal weight or bulk approved for carry-on and check-in luggage
- Camera housing mounts available including Ball, Loc-Line, and YS options
- Travel-centric charging design: Pair the included dongle with your own USB-C charging cable. USB-C charging cable must have 30W output such as a computer charging cable
- Lumen Output: High (2500)
- Charge time: 105 Min
- Beam Angle: 60° (flood), 12° (spot)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 68
- Depth Rating (FL-1): 100 meters
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 4" x 2.1" x 2.1"
USB-C Charger Specifications
User's USB-C Charger must have minimum output of 30W. The USB-C Power Delivery Specification requires USB-C power sources rated at 30 Watts and over have the capability of delivering 15VDC. This capability (15VDC output) is required in order to charge older SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. Some power supplies (most notably older Apple 87W and 60W) do not comply with the USB-C standard and will not work with older generation SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. New models of SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights allow charging at 20VDC and therefore will work with a larger set of these non-compliant power sources. When charging, a green light indicates the connected power supply is compatible with both newer and older SOLA lights. An amber light indicates it will only work with newer SOLA Lights. A red light indicates the connected power supply is not compatible.