For 2021, we created five new Sola FC models paired with our USB-C dongle allowing divers to travel with fewer cables and chargers. Divers can use their computer USB-C chargers they are already traveling with to charge their Sola lights.
Our exclusive Sola light designed for dive professionals and technical expeditions featuring a penetrating 8° spot beam for significant light penetration and effective signaling even in the most challenging of visibility. The Dive Pro combines a powerful output with an extended runtime mode ideal for instructors, stage divers, and public safety officials.
Our dongle is smart! It will communicate if the light is charging and the speed at which it is charging:
- Dongle with green light - Charging at FC speed - normal
- Dongle with amber light - Light may not be getting sufficient power, check the LEDs on the Sola light to ensure it is charging.
- Dongle with red light - Not charging. Charger cannot supply enough power to charge the light.
* To charge this light a USB-C Charging cable with a sufficient 30W output is needed.
- 2000 lumen spot output certified to the FL-1 Standard
- Regulated output ensures light does not dim in use; custom firmware keeps lumens consistent
- Custom optical design concentrates light into a tight 8° spot ideal for professionals
- Extended runtime for technical diving provides 12 hours of runtime with 200 lumens of output
- Colored Status LED for battery and mode indication for easy power management
- Factory sealed body ensures flood-free performance and long-term reliability
- Fast charge technology allows quick recharges on surface intervals
- Included hand strap mounts securely on the wrist with or without gloves for hands-free mobility
- Travel-centric charging design: Pair the included dongle with your own USB-C charging cable. USB-C charging cable must have 30W output such as a computer charging cable
- Lumen Output & Runtime (min): 2000 (45); 1000 (120); 200 (720)
- Charge time: 105 Min
- Beam Angle: 8° (spot)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 68
- Depth Rating (FL-1): 100 meters
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 4.6" x 2.5" x 2.5"
USB-C Charger Specifications
User's USB-C charger must have minimum output of 30W. The USB-C Power Delivery Specification requires USB-C power sources rated at 30 Watts and over have the capability of delivering 15VDC. This capability (15VDC output) is required in order to charge older SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. Some power supplies (most notably older Apple 87W and 60W) do not comply with the USB-C standard and will not work with older generation SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. New models of SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights allow charging at 20VDC and therefore will work with a larger set of these non-compliant power sources. When charging, a green light indicates the connected power supply is compatible with both newer and older SOLA lights. An amber light indicates it will only work with newer SOLA Lights. A red light indicates the connected power supply is not compatible.