The Expedition Kit provides professional cinema-quality lighting that sets up fast and travels the world. From location sets to off-the-grid adventures, this kit is the most compact, rugged, powerful cord-free lighting solution for mobile production crews and independent operators. The Expedition Kit delivers a 3-point lighting solution which can be deployed in seconds from the travel-friendly roller case.
- The Stella Pro Expedition Kit includes a waterproof 3-point lighting set up: 3 Stella Pro (CL) 5000 RF Lights, wireless remote, an array of compact portable modifiers, mounts, in a travel-friendly 28 lb hard roller case.
- The Powerful COB arrays deliver a single-point light in a small footprint. The smooth, even, 120° beam can be easily shaped and modified to provide a hard or soft light that renders colors beautifully with consistent, regulated, output.
- The included hand held remote has a range up to 200 meters outdoors and 60 meters indoors can control all three lights and more.
- The CL 5000 can run completely cord free up to 375 minutes from its integrated Lithium Ion battery. The design allows the light to travel carry on or checked on most airlines.
- Multiple Power Options: For longer shoots simply plug into any AC or DC power source including DTap Gold-mount/V-Lock battery 'bricks' (DTap cable optional)
- Intuitive Controls: Dimming with stepped or continuous control, OLED Digital Display offers precise readout of RF settings, output, remaining battery run time and charge status
- Easily shape the light with the press on portable modifiers including a 25° Fresnel , 50° diffused optic, and glo-bulb.
- High Output COB 'Chip on Board' LED eliminates the multi-shadow effect typical of panel lights and keeps the light compact
- Silent operation with enhanced firmware to provide consistent regulated output and flicker free light
- Lumins Output: High (5000), Medium (2500), Low (500)
- Charge time: 120 Min
- Beam Angle: 120° (flood), 120° (native), 50° (modified), 25° - 120°° (range)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 54
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Product Color Temperature: 5600k
- TCI/TLCI: 92/94
- LUX: 10300
- Flicker Free FPS: 1000
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 22" x 14.5" x 9.5"
What are soft light options for CL lights?
Light & Motion CL lights are natively a "hard" light which produces a pure light that delivers a single shadow and supports dramatic journalistic and Film Noir lighting styles. The hard light is also perfect when shooting on location in bright sunlight as it mimics the sun and can provide an even fill for "live shots" or portraits. There are many options to create a soft or softer light using Stella lights: The portable Dome Diffusion accessory creates a wide diffuse light - perfect for portraits. The GloBulb can be used to create a soft light for portraits or interviews. To create a large soft source, CL lights can be shot into a medium to large shoot-through umbrellas or into a parabolic umbrella with a sock. To do this you will need to add an Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. All of our lights can be used with an umbrella with the Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. Additionally, CL lights can be paired with a number of 3rd-party light shaping tools: DoP Choice Snap Bags (no speedring required), and Profoto Softboxes/Octas and Elinchrom by adding our Profoto Adapter Ring. Lastly, COB lighting can be used shot through a diffusion panel, bounced off of a wall or modified with available materials - experiment and be creative with Light & Motion lights as so many options are available when starting with a pure hard light.
How do you travel by air with the CL lights?
The Light & Motion continuous lights with integrated lithium-ion batteries can be safely transported in carry on and checked luggage because the batteries are safely installed/integrated in the light (unlike spare lithium-ion batteries). To travel safely just ensure that the master on/off button is in the "off" position. Most airlines have restrictions for "spare" Lithium-ion batteries and these can't travel in checked baggage. The "spare" lithium-ion batteries also have restrictions for travel in carry on with limits to 2 x spare batteries of 100+ watts. The batteries we use in our products are below 90 watts and most importantly are "installed" in the device which permits them to travel in carry on or checked baggage. Airline specifications for Lithium-ion batteries are found in the link below and clearly specify that lithium-ion batteries installed in electronic devices can travel in carry on or checked baggage: Here is an excerpt from the regulation FAQs: "Question 2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage (including gate-checked bags)?" "Answer 2. Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also allowed in checked baggage.The batteries must be protected from damage and short circuit or installed in a device." (The Stella batteries are installed). You can read the full document guidelines here: faa.gov