Compact innovation, the StellaPro CL 1000/2500 is a professional grade hybrid light that can be mounted to an underwater camera rig or handheld above and below the surface for the ultimate in lighting versatility. The smart electronics allow StellaPro to maintain a full 2500 regulated lumens underwater but transition to a cooler 1000 lumen level on the surface to prevent from overheating. The light includes a ball mount to mount on an underwater housing plus a pistol grip for handheld utility.
For 2021, we created a new StellaPro CL 1000/2500uw paired with our USB-C dongle allowing divers to travel with fewer cables and chargers. Divers can use their computer USB-C chargers they are already traveling with to charge their StellaPro light.
Our dongle is smart! It will communicate if the light is charging and the speed at which it is charging:
- Dongle with green light - Charging a FC speed - normal
- Dongle with amber light - Light may not be getting sufficient power, check the LEDs on the Sola light to ensure it is charging.
- Dongle with red light - Not charging. Charger cannot supply enough power to charge the light.
* To charge this light a USB-C Charging cable with a sufficient 30W output is needed.
- Boost mode allows the light to run continuously at 2500 lumens in water plus it can provide a temporary boost in air for 30+/- seconds enabling the perfect shot
- Integrated Li-ion battery: Run completely cord free for 45 to 415 minutes and because the battery is integrated into the device (permissible in both checked and carry-on luggage)
- 120° Native Beam Angle (90° UW): Output can be easily focused to 25° with the included snap-on Fresnel Modifier
- High Output COB "Chip on Board" LED: Eliminates the multi-shadow effect that can be a problem with panel-style light sources while also keeping the light's footprint small
- Rugged Waterproof Construction: Designed to perform in the most challenging environments, the platform is waterproof to a depth of 100 meters (IP68 Rating) and tested to resist 1 meter impacts on concrete
- Travel-centric charging design: Pair the included dongle with your own USB-C charging cable. USB-C charging cable must have 30W output such as a computer charging cable
- Lumen Output: High (2500), Medium (1000), Low (125)
- Charge time: 120 Min
- Beam Angle: 120° (flood), 120° (native), 50° (modified), 25° - 120°° (range)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 68
- Depth Rating (FL-1): 100 meters
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Product Color Temperature: 5600k
- TCI/TLCI: 91/93
- LUX: 1000
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 110 x 56 x 56 mm
USB-C Charger Specifications
User's USB-C charger must have minimum output of 30W. The USB-C Power Delivery Specification requires USB-C power sources rated at 30 Watts and over have the capability of delivering 15VDC. This capability (15VDC output) is required in order to charge older SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. Some power supplies (most notably older Apple 87W and 60W) do not comply with the USB-C standard and will not work with older generation SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights. New models of SOLA/StellaPro 2-cell lights allow charging at 20VDC and therefore will work with a larger set of these non-compliant power sources. When charging, a green light indicates the connected power supply is compatible with both newer and older SOLA lights. An amber light indicates it will only work with newer SOLA Lights. A red light indicates the connected power supply is not compatible.
How do you travel by air with the CL lights?
The Light & Motion continuous lights with integrated lithium-ion batteries can be safely transported in carry on and checked luggage because the batteries are safely installed/integrated in the light (unlike spare lithium-ion batteries). To travel safely just ensure that the master on/off button is in the "off" position. Most airlines have restrictions for "spare" Lithium-ion batteries and these can't travel in checked baggage. The "spare" lithium-ion batteries also have restrictions for travel in carry on with limits to 2 x spare batteries of 100+ watts. The batteries we use in our products are below 90 watts and most importantly are "installed" in the device which permits them to travel in carry on or checked baggage. Airline specifications for Lithium-ion batteries are found in the link below and clearly specify that lithium-ion batteries installed in electronic devices can travel in carry on or checked baggage: Here is an excerpt from the regulation FAQs: "Question 2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage (including gate-checked bags)?" "Answer 2. Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also allowed in checked baggage.The batteries must be protected from damage and short circuit or installed in a device." (The StellaPro batteries are installed). You can read the full document guidelines here: faa.gov
Battery Life: How many cycles will the integrated batteries provide and how are they replaced?
We use premium Panasonic cells in our lights which are high-capacity, stable batteries. They deliver consistent runtimes with regulated constant output. Our batteries are specified for 500 cycles but in practice our professional customers using the lights daily are experiencing much longer battery life than 500 cycles. Batteries that no longer have capacity can be replaced in our Marina, CA factory for a nominal fee. We can provide battery replacement and a full service of the light for $350 (or nominal fee) if and when needed. In addition to long life, one of the advantages of our integrated battery lights is the ability to travel with these integrated battery lights on carry on or in checked baggage. You can read more about this on our FAQ on "Traveling with your StellaPro Lights".