Leon Johnson is a Fine Art Photographer and StellaPro Champion of Light. Leon uses continuous light for Art inspired feminine portraits.
In this photo session video, Fine Art Photographer, Leon Johnson uses Reflex for art inspired portraiture.
- Model: Aphrodite
- Use StellaPro Reflex S in a dimmer light room.
- One Light Setup.Using StellaPro Reflex S in a 24” Chimera softbox. Lumen output 3200 Lumens.
- Lighting positions: Just above model’s head and pointing down.
- Catch light into the subjects eyes, collar bones, shadows casting underneath their nose and cheekbones.Play around with composition and poses.
- Lens: 85 mm (larger studios) or 50mm.
- Sony A7Riii 1/100 F2.8 ISO 320.
- Backdrop: Baby dream backdrops.
- The scene is a very painterly color harmony look.
- Using StellaPro Reflex S in a 30” Chimera octabox. Lumen output 2500.
The light from the Octabox is also being bounced into a white V-Flat to reduce the shadows on the model (camera left).
- Using 2nd Reflex S as a hair light with Barn Doors. Lumen output 1000.
- Sony A7Riii, shutter speed 1/200, f1.4, ISO 400.
- Backdrop: Oliphant Backdrops.
Third Lightning Scenario:
- The scene is a backlit, with 1 Reflex S lighting through a standard shower curtain. Lumen output 8000.
- Using a 2nd Reflex S bounced into a white V-Flat to provide a highlight on the model (camera right). Lumen output 6000.
- The model is wearing a very sheer dress so the light will pass through the fabric, outline her figure and will provide an angelic look.
- Sony A7Riii, shutter speed 1/160, f5, ISO 1000
- Sony’s high continuous setting, paired with the Reflex S that can fire up to 20 FPS allows Leon to capture all of the model’s movement.
Working with continuous light is intuitive: you can easily adjust the settings and positioning of the lights. What you see is what you get.