Our Policy covers how and why we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information on our websites where this Policy is posted. Our Policy focuses on personal information – information that identifies you or reasonably can be linked to information that identifies you. For example, when you place an order online, we collect personal information, such as name, address, phone number, and credit or debit card information.
What is Our Pledge of Accountability?
We require our associates, business partners, and service providers who manage your personal information to do so properly and in accordance with our policies.
What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our website.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone number and email address
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs and browser visits
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Purchase history information, such as products you have bought, rented, and returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
How Do We Collect Information
We collect information from you in two ways: (1) information we receive from you and (2) information we receive from others. Information we receive from you includes: i) information you actively share with us, such as when you create an account online with us, and ii)information you provide us passively through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
Information We Receive From You
You actively share information with us in various ways. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
- Create an account on our website;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review or other user-generated content on one of our websites; and
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey.
When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also passively provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts – our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our website. This includes information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, the type of device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third-party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. We use these tools to provide an integrated and more personalized shopping experience for you. For example: cookies allow us to provide you relevant information as you use or return to our sites; web beacons allow us to know if a certain page was visited, an email was opened, or if ad banners on our websites and other sites were effective. Under certain circumstances, we permit third parties to collect information on our websites for their own business purposes using cookies, web beacons, iframes and similar technologies.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We receive information about you from other sources to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our services and marketing to you, and prevent or detect fraud. We collect personal information from consumer reporting agencies in conjunction with products or services that involve financial risk to us, such as transactions in which we may extend you financing.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to provide you products and services, such as to fulfill your orders or to help us personalize our services and marketing to you. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions.
Some examples include:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing, personalization, and third-party advertising
- To protect the security and integrity of our websites, mobile services and our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal function or obligations
To do this, we combine personal and non-personal information, collected online and offline, including information from third party sources. We also may transfer or share your personal information within our corporate family of companies for these purposes, as permitted by law.
How Do We Share Your Personal Information With Others?
All of the categories of personal information that we collect have been shared with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose. As described below, we may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, in the event all or a part of our business ins merged, sold, or reorganized, when legally required, , or with your consent.
We will not share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies, except in the following circumstances:
We share personal information about you with service providers that help with our business activities, including shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, payment card processors, marketing and advertising vendors, and companies that help us improve our products and services. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure. We do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than providing services on our behalf. Your personal information may be stored and processed by our service providers in the United States or other locations where the service providers maintain facilities.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your personal information in other special circumstances, which include situations when sharing is required by law, or we believe sharing will help to protect the safety, property, or rights of our customers, our associates, or other persons. Examples include:
- Identifying and addressing fraud or financial risk;
- Providing personal information to law enforcement at their written request;
- Responding to a search warrant or other valid legal inquiry; and
- Responding to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or violation of law.
In the event that all or a part of our business is merged, sold or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal information about you could be shared with the successor business. We will use reasonable measures to help ensure that any successor treats your information in accordance with this Policy.
With Your Consent
In any circumstance other than those described above, we will ask for your affirmative consent before we share your personal information outside of our corporate family of companies.
Advertising Related Activities
We may share aggregated or pseudonymous information (pseudonymous information includes things like: device identifier, type of device, IP addresses, cookies and other information associated with your browsing and app usage) with other companies, such as publishers, advertisers, measurement analytics providers and others. We do not share information that directly identifies you (information such as name or email address) with these companies.
What are Your Choices?
When we are sending marketing communications to you, we use the following standards:
- We use an opt-in standard for phone and text messages. We use an opt-in standard for sharing personal information with companies outside our corporate family of companies for their use in direct marketing, such as sending you promotions. Opt-in means we will only conduct the activity with your affirmative consent.
- We use an opt-out standard for email or for other communications, such as postal mail. Opt-out means we may contact you, but will stop upon your request (as described below).
You can provide us with your marketing preferences by e-mailing email@example.com. Or you may contact the Privacy Office as described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you contact us by email or mail, please be sure to include your full name, the types of communications you would like to receive or not receive, and your related contact information. For instance, if you would like to opt-out of mail, include your mailing address. Please allow sufficient time for your marketing preferences to be processed. It may take up to ten days to process your requests related to email and up to 30 days to process your requests related to telephone calls, text messages, app notification, and sharing information with your consent. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
Please know that, even if you opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. Some examples are contacts for customer service, product information, service or reminder notices, customer surveys, or recalls. We may also need to contact you with questions or information regarding your order.
How Do You Access and Update Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. We also provide you with various ways to access or update your personal information, including contact and account information. These include:
- If you have created an account on one of our websites or mobile services, log into your account. Once you do, you will be able to enter and update your own contact information and payment information, as well as contact information for recipients you have designated.
- Contact us through one of the ways listed in the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this Policy. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will provide you the personal information requested if it is reasonably available, unless it infringes on the privacy of other individuals, and subject to reasonable limitations provided by law and internal procedures. Otherwise we will describe the types of information we typically collect. We will provide access and make the changes you request, or will provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request.
If you are a California resident, please refer to the “What Are Your California Privacy Rights?” section for additional information on your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of our customers’ personal information.
When you are shopping on our website, we use reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your personal information. These measures may include physical and technical security access controls or other safeguards, information security technologies and policies, procedures to help ensure the appropriate disposal of information, and training programs.
How Do We Protect the Privacy of Children Online?
Our websites and mobile services are intended for a general audience and are not directed to children.
We recognize the importance of protecting children's online privacy. In order to protect the privacy of children, our websites and mobile services do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 unless we have prior parental consent or as permitted by law. Please Contact Us if you believe we may have collected information from your child through our websites or mobile services, and we will work to delete it.
Contact our Privacy Office with any questions or comments about this Policy or about how we handle your personal information.
The Privacy Office’s address is:
711 Neeson Road
Marina, CA 93933
e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What Are Your California Privacy Rights?
California Consumer Privacy Act:
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain website or in-store functions that require your personal information to operate. Deleting your personal information will not cancel memberships you have purchased.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information: We do not sell your personal information for monetary consideration. However, under some circumstances a transfer of personal information to a third party, or within Light & Motion, without monetary consideration may be considered a “sale” under California law. For purposes of California law, all categories of personal information are transferred to third parties or within our family of companies. Such transfers may be considered a sale. If you submit a request to stop selling your personal information, we will stop making such transfers. If you are a California resident, to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, click “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” at the bottom of our homepage to submit your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please click “Request My Personal Information” at the bottom of our home page or call 1-831-645-1538.
Your California Privacy Rights - Shine the Light:
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the calendar year immediately preceding the request. To request a list of third parties to whom we may share personal information for their marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose, please mail your request to the address listed below:
Mail: Light & Motion Privacy Corporate Privacy
711 Neeson Road
Marina, CA 93933
How Will I Know if this Policy Changes?