Light & Motion's CL 5000 RF delivers professional lighting that renders colors beautifully, sets up fast, and travels anywhere. Perfect for location photoshoots, mobile production crews, and independent operators, the compact design and integrated Li-Ion battery allow multiple lights to be packed in carry-on sized bags eliminating worry and checked bag fees. With no cords to plug in or ballast warm-up periods, the cinema grade lights are ready at a moment's notice and do not require heavy stands or counterweights. RF wireless control further enhances the capability of the continuous lights providing shooters the ability to control the settings of one or multiple lights without moving from the camera or monitor.
- Integrated Li-ion battery: The CL 5000 RF can run completely cord free up to 375 minutes - and because the battery is integrated into the device - the unit is permissible in both checked and carry-on luggage
- Multiple Power Options: For longer shoots simply plug into any AC or DC power source including DTap Gold-mount/V-Lock battery 'bricks' (DTap cable optional)
- Intuitive Controls: Dimming with stepped or continuous smooth control, OLED Digital Display offers precise readout of RF settings, output, battery and charge status
- 120° native beam is easily shaped with our simple press-on optics or light shaping tools from Profoto, Elinchrom, DOP Choice, and Chimera, light includes Profoto adapter ring and the mount features an integrated umbrella holder
- High Output COB 'Chip on Board' LED eliminates the multi-shadow effect that can be a problem with panel-style light sources and keeps the light footprint small
- Fan-free thermal management for silent operation with enhanced firmware to provide consistent regulated output and flicker free performance
- Experience true cordless freedom and control an infinite number of continuous RF lights from the optional remote with a range up to 200 meters outdoors and 60 meters indoors with built in wireless communication receiver
- Lumen Output: High (5000), Medium (2500), Low (500)
- Charge time: 120 Min
- Beam Angle: 120° (flood), 120° (native), 50° (modified), 25° - 120°° (range)
- IP Rating (FL-1): 54
- Impact Resistance (FL-1): 1 meter
- Product Color Temperature: 5600k
- TCI/TLCI: 92/94
- LUX: 10300
- Flicker Free FPS: 1000
- Thermal Management: Passive Cooling
- Fast Charge: True
- Product Dimensions: 7.17" x 3.46" x 3.46"
What are soft light options for CL lights?
Light & Motion CL lights are natively a "hard" light which produces a pure light that delivers a single shadow and supports dramatic journalistic and Film Noir lighting styles. The hard light is also perfect when shooting on location in bright sunlight as it mimics the sun and can provide an even fill for "live shots" or portraits. There are many options to create a soft or softer light using StellaPro lights: The portable Dome Diffusion accessory creates a wide diffuse light - perfect for portraits. The GloBulb can be used to create a soft light for portraits or interviews. To create a large soft source, CL lights can be shot into a medium to large shoot-through umbrellas or into a parabolic umbrella with a sock. To do this you will need to add an Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. All of our lights can be used with an umbrella with the Umbrella Holder Mount Kit. Additionally, CL lights can be paired with a number of 3rd-party light shaping tools: DoP Choice Snap Bags (no speedring required), and Profoto Softboxes/Octas and Elinchrom by adding our Profoto Adapter Ring. Lastly, COB lighting can be used shot through a diffusion panel, bounced off of a wall or modified with available materials - experiment and be creative with Light & Motion lights as so many options are available when starting with a pure hard light.
How do you travel by air with the CL lights?
The Light & Motion continuous lights with integrated lithium-ion batteries can be safely transported in carry on and checked luggage because the batteries are safely installed/integrated in the light (unlike spare lithium-ion batteries). To travel safely just ensure that the master on/off button is in the "off" position. Most airlines have restrictions for "spare" Lithium-ion batteries and these can't travel in checked baggage. The "spare" lithium-ion batteries also have restrictions for travel in carry on with limits to 2 x spare batteries of 100+ watts. The batteries we use in our products are below 90 watts and most importantly are "installed" in the device which permits them to travel in carry on or checked baggage. Airline specifications for Lithium-ion batteries are found in the link below and clearly specify that lithium-ion batteries installed in electronic devices can travel in carry on or checked baggage: Here is an excerpt from the regulation FAQs: "Question 2. What kinds of batteries does the FAA allow in checked baggage (including gate-checked bags)?" "Answer 2. Except for spare (uninstalled) lithium metal and lithium-ion batteries, all the batteries allowed in carry-on baggage are also allowed in checked baggage.The batteries must be protected from damage and short circuit or installed in a device." (The StellaPro batteries are installed). You can read the full document guidelines here: faa.gov
Battery Life: How many cycles will the integrated batteries provide and how are they replaced?
We use premium Panasonic cells in our lights which are high-capacity, stable batteries. They deliver consistent runtimes with regulated constant output. Our batteries are specified for 500 cycles but in practice our professional customers using the lights daily are experiencing much longer battery life than 500 cycles. Batteries that no longer have capacity can be replaced in our Marina, CA factory for a nominal fee. We can provide battery replacement and a full service of the light for $350 (or nominal fee) if and when needed. In addition to long life, one of the advantages of our integrated battery lights is the ability to travel with these integrated battery lights on carry on or in checked baggage. You can read more about this on our FAQ on "Traveling with your StellaPro Lights".